I got my feedback from my dissertation through the post today and I am not a happy bunny about it. I know that at the end of the day I have an MSc and I should be happy about that but I am still disappointed that I didn't get a better mark for the dissertation. I could have lived with that if it wasn't for some of the completely unfounded remarks made about it. I'm not going to go into details because I've gone past anger and don't want to get riled up again, but I will say that I'm wondering whether the two markers read the same piece of work as there are some blatent contradictions and things said about the work that are not true. I don't know how this is possible but it's happened and I was 2-3% off getting a commendation for the MSc.
Most universities don't grade the Masters courses in that way but for some reason Northumbria do. However, it's a small consolation that if it was graded in the same way as an undergraduate degree then I'd have another 2.2, same as my BA. I'm going to try and forget about what they said... and may shred the feedback, although I haven't decided if that's a good idea yet... so let's hope the people in question aren't at graduation because I can't trust myself to be nice to them. I considered changing my mind about going but I've got the tickets and paid for the gown hire so I may as well go. Like everyone keeps saying to me, I should be proud of my acheivements and the graduation ceremony lets me stand up and say "it was bloody awful but I got through it when others may have given up".
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment