Right now I am feeling very disheartened. I really wanted to get Chris something really nice for Xmas because he's my special fella and he always gets me such wonderful, thoughtful presents that I feel ashamed of my crappy ideas. He asked me to get one thing for him, I bought another cos I thought he needed them and they were nice and I also bought him some nice pants cos I figured he needed some more of them too. When I did my adding up I realised that I'd already spent too much (especially on the thing he had to have) so I ended up just giving him the pants as a "congrats on the new job" pressie even though he'd been there almost a month.
Still after that, the amount I've spent on him is too much for me to spend to much more on him (does that make sense?). So I had a really nice idea for a pressie, found one that fit the bill online and then went to order it. They didn't have the exact one I wanted so I tried four other options, the last of which actually went through to my shopping basket. I click on the basket to complete the order and what does it say "new stock awaiting delivery, reorder in 14 days". What the hell is all that about? If you don't have an item then you don't advertise it and then if there's an item out of stock you generally let the customer know before they try to buy the damn thing. I can't even remove it from my basket so god only knows whether the order will go through or not. I should have known not to trust Studio again after last year's debacle. I'd get rid of my account with them if it wasn't for the fact that they refuse to let me do it online or over the phone and I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend any more money on postage for them.
After all that, I'm stuck not knowing what else to get Chris. If I pick another item from his Christmas list then that'll be no real suprises from me as I won't be able to afford anything else. I know I shouldn't be hung up on all this materialism but I like to be able to give people nice things. I have no problem buying nice suprises for other people so I'm doubly peeved that I'm finding this so difficult. It's like his terminal indecision has had an influence on my ability to buy things for him. Having said that, there's a lot of very feminine gifts out there but the masculine ones tend to fall into very few categories; cars, boobs, booze, electricals.
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment