Saturday, December 16, 2006

I have had another very productive day in the kitchen today; I maded 60 pepperkaker biscuits. I couldn't scale down the recipe to make less because of the weird measurements and the fact that they wouldn't taste right without the correct amount of spices in them so I made a whole new batch. The intention was to make a load for my parents to take to my grandparents in Leeds tomorrow but as it ended up making so many biscuits it looks like we'll end up eating most of them. That's no bad thing though cos they're very tasty and this time Chris helped me decorate them with writable icing that I bought (I couldn't be fussed with getting green food dye everywhere from making glacé icing again).

I got two suprising communications today regarding jobs I've applied for. The first arrived in the post and was about the casual work available at the County Record Office. I'd totally given up on this job because it's been so long since I applied so getting an interview for it was a nice suprise. The second was about the Extended Hours Supervisor post at the university. I was astounded to get a reply to this so quickly as I only emailed my letter and CV off yesterday but I've got an interview for that one too. I had a feeling that I might get one for that anyway as there's no real reason for them not too and at the moment the job's only available in house. However, I get a feeling that some of my colleagues may have also applied for it so whether I will be successful remains to be seen. So if everything goes we'll I may have three part time jobs on my hands next year and that's not counting the fact that I'm meant to be employed by the County Council already to work in their public libraries although they've never actually called for me to come in (their loss LOL).

No comments: