Sunday, December 24, 2006

*yawns* Eee I'm tired this evening. I had a good lie in again this morning although I had to get up due to immense back pain but this afternoon I've been very busy baking with my mum so I guess it tired me out. Between us we've decorated the Christmas cake and made mince pies, sausage rolls, coconut tarts, and fairy cakes, which I have to ice later on when mum's finished in the kitchen.

We always make the same sort of things but this year I know that mum hasn't been on top form and I think she saw most of today as being a bit of a chore. Hopefully, it wasn't too bad for her and she can feel relieved that her work is done for today and most of the bits and bobs for tomorrow's Christmas dinner are sorted.

Today is also my nana Joan's 81st birthday so mum brought her breakfast in bed this morning and I brought her cards for her. She also opened one of her presents from me and Chris, which was a little pink rosette with Birthday Girl on it. She usually opens her birthday presents along with her Xmas pressies on Christmas day but I thought it was more appropriate for her to open her "bit of silly" today.

I don't know whether I'll be writing tomorrow and then on Boxing Day we'll be staying over at nana's before driving down to Chris' house in Essex so I shall wish anyone and everyone that casts their eyes over this blog a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: