Monday, August 28, 2006

On Friday, Chris and me decided to go for a walk round Castle Eden Dene, a nature reserve not far from here. We set off in the car but couldn't find the place anywhere so ended up at Blackhall Rocks where we walked along the coastal path for a bit, looking for a way down to the beach. Turns out that you can't get down to the beach from the rocks so we went back to the car park and had out picnic lunch on one of the tables there before making a second attempt at finding Castle Eden Dene. We ended up in Hartlepool this time *rolls eyes* I was sure though that I'd seen a sign for this place the last time I was in Peterlee so we went back through Blackhall and on to Peterlee but were still unsuccessful. It was getting on a bit by this time so I said we should give it up as a bad job and just go for half an hour on the beach at Crimdon Dene. We did manage to get there and had a nice bit sit on the pebbles and Chris chucked a load of rocks into the sea, but on the way there we actually saw a sign for Castle Eden Dene so we decided to go there on Saturday.

However, soon after we go home that day my aunt phone to say that my cousin had given birth to a little girl at quarter past six that evening. I said we'd come and visit her after I'd finished work on Saturday afternoon but we ended up not going because the hospital said they were going to discharge her. By the time this had happened the sky had clouded over so we ended up not going to see the new baby or going to Castle Eden Dene. Never mind :)

Last night was a bit mad... actually it was a lot mad. Jamie tried to smuggle his girlfriend, who is persona non grata, into the house but me and Chris could hear them talking and turfed them out into the living room to give them a damn good talking to. That lasted an hour before Jamie finally agreed to take her home and then when he got her there he rang to ask if she could stay anyway cos she couldn't get in to her house. I was livid that he was willing to wake us up to ask something he knew wouldn't happen (not that we'd got to sleep by then anyway) but not willing to wake Polly's family up to let her in the house (apparently the doorkey was in the lock on the inside so she couldn't open the door). So we ended up not getting to sleep until well after five this morning.

That meant that I ended up not getting out of bed until way later than I wanted to. I had most of the house to clean before going to get my parents from the airport this evening so it's just as well that their flight was delayed leaving Larnaca or I wouldn't have managed to get it done. As it was, I had to get Chris to do most of the dusting and then forced Jamie to do some hoovering for me. I also asked him to some tidying for me and bring all the crockery down out of his room but that obviously proved too difficult for him. I also didn't manage to get any ironing done so I had to come clean to mum about wearing one of her tops to go out last Saturday :D I did manage to clean both bathrooms and all of the kitchen from top to bottom, which is one less job for my mum this week. Mum also commented on how clean and tidy the house was looking when she got in and apologised for promptly messing up the dining room table with all her post and camera bits and pieces.

Tomorrow, we should be going to visit my cousin and her new little baby so until then, tata!

No comments: