So then, I'm finally back. After a lovely week at Chris' mum's I was only in the house 15 minutes before receiving a call from the hospital to ask me to come in. I was admitted before 5pm that day and only just came out. Thankfully the treatment worked so the methotrexate should see me right for a while and I may even be clear for a bit.
Contrary to my original reason for starting this blog, I am not going to give a day-by-day account of my stay in hospital as most of the days were fairly uneventful. I will say though that I met some lovely people in there and took great comfort from them. Having people around you that have the same illness as you and understand everything you're going through from their own perspective is definitely a bonus. I just hope that when it comes to the crunch our voices will be heard and we'll get to keep our dermatology ward. We're not bothered about being left in the old part of the hospital because although it sets us apart (I believe the powers that be see us as the lepers of modern society) it also gives us a level of independence that the other departments / wards don't have. Unfortunately, it also means that the pharmacy don't seem to give us much importance, which is why I had to wait hours and hours for my prescriptions before being allowed to go home. I waited that long I could have had another day's treatment.
Anyway, I'm home now and crossing my fingers that my skin will not go back to how it was. I'm also hoping that the other patients are keeping well and that their treatments are working. I know that it's the consultant's rounds tomorrow afternoon so I'll ring and find out how they're all doing and who's been let out etc. It's very saddening to see people who think they're skin is improving to be told that they've got another three weeks stay ahead of them, especially for one particular person who has been in there for nine weeks already.
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment