Monday, October 23, 2006

It looks like nothing will ever come of that incident on Saturday. I went to the police station yesterday to report it and the desk officer took all the details and then went to check if the guy had been in and said anything. He only had 24 hours to come in and make a complaint about me and after about 23 hours he hadn't said anything so the officer said that he probably never would come forward. She told me to put the whole thing out of my mind and if this guy does do anything about it in the future, they would contact me and I've to tell them that there's a record of the whole thing in the station's desk log so I can't be done for not reporting an accident.

She also said that it was obviously a genuine accident with no malice on my part, the guy should have been paying better attention to the traffic in a busy area where people generally think that cars shouldn't be going up there. It's Durham's narrowest road and because it's cobbled and leads up to the Cathedral and Castle, people don't think that there are homes and places of work on the Bailey. I couldn't have stopped to say anything to the guy there and then because of the narrowness of the road and the traffic around there, I didn't have chance to go and find the guy because he found me first, he didn't ask for any of my details other than the registration number that he took himself, and he refused to give me any of his details when I asked for them. Basically, if he was going to say anything he's put himself in an awkward position because of his attitude towards me. I can understand the guy being annoyed but he acted like a total cock IMO

No comments: