Gah this week's been weird. First off I thought I was going to be admitted into hospital on Monday afternoon but after running around like a scalded lop trying to get myself ready I got a call to say that they couldn't take me after all and to ring them on Wednesday morning. This caused a problem because it meant I'd probably be in hospital for Chris' birthday. After a long "discussion" with Chris and my dad we decided that I would ring the hospital to ask if it would be possible to push me down the waiting list a bit and admit me after I get back from Chris' mum's. If they said no we were prepared for Chris to go down on the train on his own and as a sort of trade off we would spend Christmas together with his mum and New Year with my family instead of doing it the other way round. I rang fully expecting for them to say no but the ward sister said they'd actually had an emergency admission so I wouldn't get in at all this week and they would ring me when I get back from Chris' mum's to bring me in.
Then there was the interview from hell on Tuesday. There were four of us shortlisted, three with a library background and one with a graphic design background. None of us expected the interview to last all day but I didn't get home until gone three and I was there at half nine. First we had a chat with the school's buisness manager and then with the head, followed by a quick tour of the school's display boards with the library manager. After that I had a design task to do using sugar paper etc and I had half an hour to do it. I didn't finish it how I wanted and I thought it looked shite but then so did the other applicants so we didn't feel to bad about that. Then we had a chat with some of the kids who were amazingly mature and obviously loved having special access to the library, then lunch where we all ate like birds but had a good chat and got on really well. Then we had our proper interviews with the head, buisness manager and link manager from the English department. That was the worst bit cos they obviously weren't that bothered about my library skills and seemed to really want a classroom assistant with a bit of library experience but a lot of graphic design experience.
Yesterday was better cos I slept most of it and did a bit of gardening in the afternoon. Unfortunately my black peppermint has got some weird little green bugs living on it so I had to give it a spray and couldn't get a crop from it. I did get a crop from the garden mint, lemon balm, and oregano though and the chamomile is properly coming into flower now.
Today I got my letter from the school telling me I hadn't got the job but I'm really not bothered cos I didn't fancy the job after the way the interview went and this means I don't have to ring them up and tell them I don't want it :D I've got two other applications in the pot at the moment anyway so let's hope they're more successful. Now I'm off to take nana back home cos she's got an appointment with the pain clinic tomorrow morning and then my aunt and uncle are coming to take her to the hairdresser's on Saturday. I know she's feeling a bit iffy but hopefully she'll be alright.
Thursday, July 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment