Last night I finally finished 'Taltos', the last of my books from Xmas. Now I can start on the five I got for my birthday. I've decided to begin with the Agatha Raisin books cos I need something that's not too taxing on the grey cells and is enjoyable to read after the marathon of the Mayfair Witches books. Then I'll read the new David Eddings book (although having read his other stuff I can pretty much guess what'll happen), leaving the latest Juilet Marillier offering til last so I can savour every page *rubs hands in glee* By the time that lot's finished with I'll get the next Discworld book with my Waterstones vouchers and then it'll be almost Christmas. Aah the literary Wheel of the Year LOL
Anywho, Chris and me went into Durham today. I took my shoes back to Next and we had the usual trip round the usual shops not buying anything much. All I got was 'Down On The Upside' by Soundgarden cos I fancied spending some of my birthday money on a CD and they didn't have the Jerry Cantrell or Alice In Chains ones I'm looking for. Naturally, they had no Skyclad or Madder Mortem either, no suprise there.
We then went off and looked at baby clothes because my cousin's due to give birth to a little girl in about five weeks. She's just gone on maternity leave from work because she's so anaemic at the moment that it's tiring her out. Apparently she's quite large as well, I haven't seen her for months so I don't know how big she is. So anyway, my mum bought her a set of baby stuff from ASDA (scratch mitts, babygro, bib, etc) so I thought it might be nice to get her a bit of something that she hasn't got much of. Probably something for when the baby's a bit older cos they grow so damn fast she'll hardly have time to wear all the newborn stuff. Then I saw these gorgeous little sun hats and now I'm torn. Looks like I'll have to ask her mum what she thinks.
Might be going garden centreing tomorrow after work, that is if mum and dad remember that I want to go with them *rolleyes* Last week they buggered off without me :( Bedtime approaches now though *waves*
Saturday, July 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment