Saturday, July 08, 2006

Three major things happened today:
  1. Chris got his hair cut again.
  2. I found out when I'll be going into hospital.
  3. I had an interesting conversation with my boss.

Chris hadn't had his hair done since just before last Christmas and he wanted it doing before we go down to visit his mum at the end of the month. So I rang today and made an appointment for next Tuesday, then I rang the hospital to find out how long I might have to wait to be admitted and the nurse I spoke to on the dermatology ward said I was next on the ladies' list so should call back on Monday afternoon to see if the bed was reay for me. That probably means I'll be going in either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning so I had to ring the hairdressers back up and ask if they could take Chris this afternoon. They said yes and it only took half an hour to have him all shorn, restyled and looking cheekier than ever.

When we got back from the hairdressers I managed to get in touch with my boss to tell her about when I'll be going in to hospital. She mentioned that she'd been meaning to speak to me because she'd had a request for a reference for me from one of the jobs I recently applied for. She asked me a couple of questions because she said she wanted to make sure they could tell from what she wrote that I fit the person specification and seemed to be quite positive about what she was going to write about me. This is ace because I hadn't heard anything back from this job yet and they said if you hadn't heard by 10th July then you weren't shortlisted. It seems likely that as they've requested my reference, I must have been shortlisted and just haven't received the letter about it yet. It's just as well that the consultant said she'd let me off the ward if I had any interviews :D

No comments: