Chris and me went to have a look at Finchale Priory today but when we got there we discovered that they only open on weekends and bank holidays so we couldn't damn well get in. Then we saw a sign saying that when they are open, the adult admission fee is £2.30, meaning that the leaflet we saw the place advertised has both the opening hours and admission wrong cos we thought entry was free. Then we discovered that in order to get out of the place we'd have to pay two quid to get a token so that the car barrier would lift up and I could drive out! I asked Chris if he faniced trying again on Saturday when I've finished work but he reckoned, and I agree, that for the £6.60 it would cost us, there really wasn't that much there to see. I think we may be making a second quest to find Castle Eden Dene on Friday.
In other news, keep fit was good tonight despite me gaining weight this week rather than losing it and sweating like a whore next to a ten pound note during the routine. I did feel really good afterwards, even though me and mum looked like two beetroots, and my back didn't hurt too much this week. I'll be back on the diet wagon that my dissertation threw me off this week. I've already started today by refusing to even contemplate getting cake when we went out for lunch today.
The Xmas shopping is coming along since winning the auction yesterday. We sent the cheque off for that this morning so hopefully it shouldn't be too long before it arrives. That and my order from Amazon.co.uk. I saw a little bit of something for my mum today too so I just bought it cos it wasn't very expensive and I knew if I went back to get it that they wouldn't have any or I'd just forget about it altogether. Mum mentioned that she'd like a new one of these and this one's a rather different type to what she already had so I'm quite chuffed with it (yes I know I'm being very cryptic LOL). We also managed to pick some things up for Chris' mum's birthday but sadly we picked up the wrong box in Whittards (they all had the same damn packaging) so we'll have to get one of the pressies changed. Thank god I kept the receipt and got money off with my student card.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment