It looks like I didn't get the job I went for on Thursday as they haven't called me. I'm not too disappointed as the hourly rate was lower than I'm currently getting and there were so many that applied that I'm just pleased that I even managed to get to interview. Besides, I now have another interview on Friday for a higher paid and more important job. I don't have much confidence that I'll get it but I'm astonished at being shortlisted so I'll do my best and see what happens.
We had a very productive day at work this morning; me and Rebecca managed to relabel 118 books between us and also stripped a further five bin bags full of books alongside serving the handful of customers we had. All in all a job well done and we managed to beat our previous record of 103 books relabelled since we started having to tot them up at the end of the shift.
This afternoon we had visitors too because nana and aunty Janet were having their hair done so they and my uncle Malcolm, along with my cousin Nickeee for a few hours, came for lunch and tea. It was nice to see them again cos it's been a while and after dinner I made a pot of Nicaraguan coffee, which me, mum and aunty Janet had with a shot of caramel syrup. My dad's on conference in Liverpool this weekend so we didn't have to put up with his crap jokes and attempts to ply everyone with alcohol ;)
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment