Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Why do people have to go on endless holidays when I need to see them for my interviews? I have my last interview scheduled for Friday morning, less than a week before my dissertation's due but I'm determined to get my head down and get as much done before then as possible. I have to be up early tomorrow to take my dad out so the rest of the day will be filled with getting the washing done and writing as much as possible.

Another pet hate of mine today is the Job Centre. Somehow, my claim for Chris still hasn't been processed properly, leading to me receiving a letter from the DWP telling me that I don't even have an open claim. Turns out that all the documentation I sent off was lost somewhere between Stanley and Sunderland so the powers that be decided that I hadn't sent it and my claim should be voided. Someone managed to find some of it and then had to hair round a building somewhere in County Durham trying to find the rest of my forms and all the shite they'd asked me to photocopy (twice). Some of it must have been found, the rest has been sent off again by post and fax (just to make sure). The people at Spenny Job Centre even said that I should complain because no one listens when they say anything about the messed up situation.

On a lighter note, last night me and mum went back to keep fit and really enjoyed ourselves, despite sweating like there was no tomorrow. Unfortunately, since we last went we'd both piled on weight so we're making a concerted effort to get back on the wagon and try and slim down a bit before I graduate in December (I will wear that tweed skirt). Today has gone very well, so I allowed myself a small bowl (and it was small too) of ice cream as my daily treat. Tomorrow I may have a biscuit instead. I even made myself a proper lunch of pasta and spicy tomato sauce to keep me going in a healthy way, and there's plenty for tomorrow too.

No comments: