Friday, September 08, 2006

The wall has been plastered, sanded, reskimmed, sanded again and given its first coat of paint. Sadly it looks a bit shit cos you can see really easily where one paint ends and the other starts when the light shines on it from a certain angle. Turns out that this is probably because I should have got emulsion in stead of vinyl silk but then I didn't choose the first paint colour and wasn't even here when it was painted so I can't be expected to know everything. The upshot of this is that it looks like I'll be painting the whole of that wall when I get back from work tomorrow afternoon. Thank god it's only a small wall (the width of the bed, about 4'6").

I had my final interviews this morning, which went really well and lasted an hour because the person I was talking to kept getting side-tracked and cos she knows my dad she was asking me questions about my work and studies etc. It was good though and at least now I'll know who I'm talking to when she phones for my dad in future.

Finally, we got some good news today; Chris has an interview on Wednesday for an admin assistant position with a local bathroom company. Dad also knows that guy that runs it and works with his wife so he's gonna try and put a good word in in the hopes that it'll further his chances against whoever else is going up for the job.

No comments: