Thursday, September 07, 2006

Today I have mostly been... in hardware stores. As the plaster began to bulge and come away from the wall yesterday I decided to go to B&Q as soon as I could and got some multi-purpose filler and a little tool to do it with. Unfortunately they didn't have a colour scanner to match up the paint we needed to the colour of the wall as it is now so we went to Homebase. They scanned a piece of plaster that I'd pulled off the wall and matched it to one shade above the one I'd picked out by eye. The guy that was doing it said he thought the colour I'd picked was a better match as it would be too light otherwise and when he put in that I wanted a silk finish rather than matt, it came out with the colour I'd picked.

So when we'd returned home, and I'd managed to get the sticky label crap off the plastering tool, I pulled away the loose plaster and set to work filling the 6" x 12" area that needed doing. It took about half an hour to get it all sanded, filled and smoothed out to a reasonable state. By the time I've got home from work it should be dry enough for me to give another light sanding and possible another thin coat of plaster if I think it needs it. If it looks fine then I'll give it a wash and then put the first coat of paint on. Otherwise, I'll be painting tomorrow as soon as I've got back from my interview.

Tomorrow I MUST get my arse in gear and actually start writing up these interviews or I'm gonna be in the shit with myself *smacks hands*

No comments: